The Green Economics Institute’s research is focused on the following key questions
- Which are the philosophical foundations of a reform of economics?
- How can economics theories be made more relevant to global challenges and local needs?
- How can the new “Greening the Economy” discourse of Green Economics be the baclkground to rethink migration and climate change cahllenges?
- Which methodology, ontology and instruments are necessary to bring social and environmental justice?
The Institute’s research mission is summarized as follows:
- “The aim is that as a result more people enjoy a better quality of life. There is a focus on corporate activities and the globalisation process and their impacts on a range of stakeholders including indigenous peoples, minorities, women, people in less developed countries and non human species and the biosphere and also the conventional wisdoms of trickle down theories, growth and development.”